Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

Taking Danny to task

All you Danny haters here is where you can read up on Danny's promises and plans and take him to task on his record. This is just the opening page the meat of his platform are in the next pages.

Blue Book 2003
Danny Williams' Plan for Newfoundland and Labrador

"Leadership
that knows success,
expects success,
and gets success"

Almost three years ago, my family and I decided that the time was right for me to give something back to the Province that has given me so much. I want to address the real issues that are important to Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Issues such as job creation, the economy, outmigration, health care, education, the fishery, and rural development.

I want to ensure that people have a good job and proper access to health care when they need it. I believe that having a proper education is a right, not a privilege. I believe our resources should be developed in a way that creates jobs for Newfoundlanders and Labradorians first, not only when it is economically feasible. These issues are important to you and are the focus of the Progressive Conservative Party's campaign and platform.

I want to be honest with people from the very beginning. The problems facing this Province are numerous and complex. They didn't occur overnight but are the result of years of neglect and mismanagement. Similarly, they can't be fixed overnight. But make no mistake about it: they can be fixed, and under a Danny Williams led government, they will be fixed.

I've spent the last two years growing a team and formulating policies that I believe will help Newfoundland and Labrador so that we can begin to control our own destiny and achieve our true potential. These solutions are not pie in the sky proposals. They are solid fundamentals that I have acquired over my 30 years in the private sector. And just as they worked in the private sector, they will work in government.

This plan is my vision of where I want to lead the Province over the next four to eight years. Our plan recognizes the fiscal challenges facing Newfoundland and Labrador, but also embraces the potential embodied in this wonderful place we all call home - our human resources, our natural resources and our wonderful culture and rural way of life. We will make significant achievements in our first mandate, and after eight years we will see a rejuvenated and re-energized Province, poised to lead this country.

I was not surprised the Royal Commission on Renewing and Strengthening our Place in Canada acknowledged that we are facing serious problems in this Province and that it is time for a change. In fact, in a news release issued by the Royal Commission, it states that the Province is saying "No to the Status Quo," and that it is time to "put the Province's fiscal house in order." This Liberal government has done an abysmal job of managing this Province and this must stop - the time for change is now. The people are looking for new leadership, real leadership and a new approach to guide this Province into the future.

That's what I have to offer and that's what my team has to offer. We are confident that given the opportunity, we will provide the leadership and change which the people desperately want and which this Province desperately needs.

Comments:
All you Danny haters

Does this mean you are NOT a Danny hater?

Further, does it mean you are a Danny lover?
 
Just baiting Wally.
I'm a Newfoundlander/Labradorian at heart and as long as whoever is in charge has NL best interests at heart I couldn't care less who it is.

I would really like to see some good opposition in NL politics. Not just for the sake of opposing but for provinding the other side of the story and different view points

For far far to long our federal representatives have sold their soul to the Canadian Wolf for a few scraps while the Canaadian Wolf gorges itself on our people and resources.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]