Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

Granny tells it like it is

The Future is in Our Past

To each his own

Audrey Manning
The Beacon

It is time for a revolution. If we don’t stand up and be counted it will prove to all and sundry we really are too stunned to get out of our own way.

Must it be said again we have always stood by and watched our precious resources being squandered? How much longer will we be willing or unwilling participants in this game?

Let there be no mistake, the sky is going to fall. But, it is not only going to fall on Newfoundlanders, it is also going to fall on corporations that take the lifeblood from ordinary people without so much as a by your leave. If history is any indication, we are heading for hard, hard times.

Pretty soon, when we realize money can’t buy food and necessities, the penny is going to drop. Perhaps not today, perhaps not tomorrow, but it’s coming. Maybe the cost of oil will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Or, maybe it will be the escalating war on terror. But it’s coming.
Comments:
Imaging my surprise when, on a random web search, I came accross your promotion of my Beacon column. I have to confess that I was shocked to find myself referred to as Granny. To see the record straight, I am not a Granny, though I often wish I were. Anyway, it is good to see that even though you live outside the province, your heart is still here.

Thank you...
:-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]