Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Duck Pond Bucans Mine tailings issue



I've been meaning to investigate into this issue but haven't got around to it until now. Even now I don't feel terribly informed enough to make an informed decision.

My gut feeling without having all of the info is to say NO. But after reading Liams blog on the topic I'm inclined to think I need to investigate more or just shut up before emailing or phoning our federal and provincial administrators.

Liam is from Bucans and has been to Duck pond so until I read the abundance of links he has included in his blog reference Duck Pond Aur mining I thin kLiam makes some good points to go ahead with the proposal.

Just a personal tid bit of life experience.
We used to go swimming and Scuba diving in open pit Quarries when I was in Germany called Bagarsees. Some were still operational in one end while we swam in the other. They were also my first introduction to nude sun Bathing.

Some of these Bagarsees were also converted into fishing ponds where you could go and catch the stocked fish.

Point being using this so called Duck Pond/Bog hole could actually be a good thing. Who knows maybe Bucans will have it's first nude beach in a few years.

The above picture of a Bog/pond isn't of Duck pond.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]