Monday, April 10, 2006

 

An Apology is requested from Heather Mills (McCartney)

So, her Ladyship Heather Mills-McCartney and Sir Paul McCartney
express a wish for an apology, through the guise of the IFAW, the
group that used these people to crusade for them, knowing full
well that they were encouraging them to break the Canadian Marine
Mammal Act.
Refer to: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/F-14/SOR-93-56/118970.html

I wrote Lady McCartney, woman to woman, telling her how sorry I
feel for her. The letter reads as follows:

Subject: 'An Apology is Requested? Really Now?’

Lady Heather-Mills McCartney:
I am a Newfoundlander and well informed on the happenings in my province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, so I have followed with insightful interest your recent actions regarding the seal hunt.

Yes, I do feel sorry for you.
I am sincerely sorry that you are being so ill-used by a group that has capitalized on your fame
and fortune,

I am sorry you were never taught the rules of common courtesy in a conversation,

I am sorry you have the title ‘Lady’, as you clearly do not conduct yourself as such,

I am sorry you do not know the geography of our diverse country with its plethora of cultures, and

I am sorry your husband looked so uncomfortable and worn on the Larry King Show.

The young boy from Liverpool, England, who was, and is, a brilliant songwriter and musician is not the cheerful, young man he once was, and is allowing his reputation of a phenomenal career, that took him to the heights of success, to be endangered more than any seal. Because of his recent activities, ‘Beatle’ albums, cassettes and CDs are being thrown in the trash in this part of the country. Your husband, if he had stuck to his field of expertise, would always be known as an idol of our youth, instead of a person who entered Canada, with his wife, broke our Federal Canadian Marine Mammal Act, and sat and watched his wife perform so terribly on a national television network. He looked uncomfortable and embarrassed. Now he will be remembered for these recent activities more than for anything else he has accomplished.

I feel sorry you are not the wife who could foresee the fallout of his involvement in such a controversial forum.

I am sorry you are riding on the fame of one of the idols of our youth,

I am sorry you were not educated enough to know that once you touched that baby white coat seal, (which are not hunted or killed) you left the 99% chance of leaving that baby seal abandoned by its mother, because you would have left the scent of a human on the animal.

I am sorry you are not aware that Omega-3 Seal Oil capsules are manufactured here in Newfoundland and Labrador and are used to treat heart disease and various other illnesses,

I am sorry you were used to the extent that you are left with the possibility of being charged for breaking our Canadian Marine Mammal Law.

I am sorry you did not realize you disturbed many marine mammals that day on the ice, which is illegal, a helicopter stressing the mature seals who could swim away, leaving the white coats to fend for themselves, possibly causing their demise,

I am sorry you were not informed by this group that exploited you that your actions would bring you massive negative press,

I am sorry you are not aware that you would face possible court charges, and the group you support will rake in millions of dollars on your name,

I am sorry you did not think things through before you yelled and interrupted Premier Williams of Newfoundland and Labrador when he tried to make his points on Larry King Live.

Most of all

I am VERY SORRY that you both were clearly misinformed and now so much damage has been done that will always be remembered, just as the Bridgette Bardot debacle is still remembered, (by the way the seal she was holding was a stuffed toy),

and last but not least,

I feel sorry that your husband had the poor judgement to wear a jacket with ‘CANADA’ written
across his chest. When you get a moment, would you please return that jacket? We like to keep our Canadian Emblems in SAFE HANDS! We would like to have that jacket returned to the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, where it will be held in safekeeping.

I, too, am sorry that tabloids in your own country, who idolized your husband, now print headlines such as ‘EMBARRASSED TO BE BRITISH’. That surely must hurt if you have any heart whatsoever.

I am sorry this has been such a late in life learning experience for you both, and most of all,

I am sorry this whole thing ever happened, an event which will, in all probability, bring you
legal and personal angst in the months to come.

I will end by saying, I am sorry you both have been so ill-used by a group that obviously misled you. To be exploited to this degree is very sad.

I am sorry that I have to write and tell you that I am sorry.
Sorry about that!

Bonnie Jarvis-Lowe,
Newfoundland and Labrador.

I received this email recently and found it worthy of a post. Sorry if I bastardized the grammar but you know how emails get all muddled some times.

There is one very important I am Sorry I think Mrs Jarvis-Lowe ommited.

I am sorry the McCartneys thought that the seal populations of the east coast of Canada were endangered before the DFO officer informed them otherwise on the plane from NL to PEI.
Comments:
I'm sorry that email wasn't sent to me ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]