Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Sue Kelland-Dyer speaks out

I've been a long time supporter of Mrs Dyer but on this one i am one the fence. Not so much about recalling Harper but on why. I couldn't agree more with her reference to the appointment of Fortier to the Senate to represent the unrepresented Montreal Metropolis area all the while leaving an entire province PEI out in the cold.

As for Emerson Crossing the floor it isn't so much his crossing the floor that bothers me but the fact that he was enticed to do it with a cabinet post. Since I think independants is the only way for people to really have any say outside toeing the party line I would be a hypocrit to disagree with this. I wouldn't have been half as upset if he became an independant. Lord knows there are enough reasons to want to jump of the Liberal ship latest being the withholding of the I'm entitled to my entitlements fired/ quit/ resigned I can't make up my mind Mr Dithers which lie to use.

Although being a big supporter of the elected senate looking forward towards an equal and effective one this latest move by Harper to appoint an unelected Mr Fortier for all the wrong reasons smacks of Hypocracy and does nothing to further the cause of some sort of equal representation for the provinces which doesn't exist now.

Unfortunately a recall won't help further the cause towards equal representation of the provinces and the eventual break up of the country if nothing is done. Since the Liberals won't entertain the idea of Elected, Equal or Effective senate reform. The only other option along party lines is to abolish the senate all together which is what the NDP are Advocating. This would be unfortunate because personally I think that senate reform is probably the only solution for keeping this country together with some sort of equal representation for the provinces.

Update:
Sue Obiously hasn't grasped this Blogging medium just yet. She continues to creat one trick pony blogs with only one cause or issue at heart and as such are doomed to oblivion.

I Suggest she make a blog named HydroQueen like her nik that way all will see her priority is Hydro but she will still be able to post about other issues affecting NL.

Here is another one trick pony Blog of hers that I found.

http://lowerchurchill.blogspot.com/
Comments:
This is a tremendous blog..I think I need some blogging lessons...ah well...always learning...keep up your great input.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]