Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

Gander Weather office Update.

This is an update I received on the ongoing Gander Weather Petition. Some great coverage here as of late due to the efforts of a few dedicated people who care deeply about the safety of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.

Hi! Cathy and Jeannie Happy New Year to you.

My computer was down for the last few days so I did not get all my e-mail.
The media CD that I sent to you had a news clip, the VOCM open line show
that was showing on C Pac all across Canada.
I gave Rogers TV a copy of this last week. They got permission from C Pac
their sister company, Requested me to do an interview which I did Jan 3rd a
seven minute interview, the four minutes of C Pac and then I was interviewed
for five more minutes this will be on Rogers TV all across NL this weekend.
Also Aaron Haynes for the Conservatives was on Rogers Jan4th, talking about
the weather forecasting and federal jobs, Liberal Scott Simms was on Rogers
TV Jan 5th talking about the weather forecasting and the federal jobs he is
now saying on public TV that his party is not looking at twenty jobs on
Gander weather center but more like forty to fifty federal jobs but we do
not have a commitment from the Liberal party. I phoned into to the VOCM
open line show last week and made it clear that we have a strong commitment
in writing from Stephen Harper and Jack Layton. I did state that I would not
vote for any party that does not support the reinstatement of the NL weather
forecasting. After that there were several calls to all three open line
shows on the issue of the weather forecasting and the federal jobs. Several
of the callers stated that Paul Martin and the Liberals were very
disrespectful in not giving our group (Larry, Margie and myself) a meeting
and for those reasons they vote will not be voting Liberal. This issue has
been on CBC, VOCM, Rogers TV, NTV all week, even Premier Danny Williams has
spoken on these issues several times this week on VOCM and NTV. The heat is
on the Liberals and now is the time to turn it up, we need more people to
call into the open line show. I also wrote letters to the editor and sent to
the Beacon and Telegram on this issue only. I did send this information to
Jeannie and you this week but I am not sure if you received it. I will try
my best to keep all of you informed but it is hard to keep up with this and
work too. Pam helped send out the presentation CD Jimmy done and we sent
twenty to Debbie which she hand delivered to the news media and the
politicians. The very next day I got calls from VOCM, CBC and Rogers TV all
said they liked the presentation and wanted interviews. I think you and
Jeannie made a good move on this CD and it is well worth the dollars it
cost. I plan to call all three open line show this week and the week after,
also will write the editor of the Beacon and the Telegram again next week.
Thanks to all for your support.
Patrick

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]