Sunday, December 04, 2005

 

Submit your election questions to the Candidates debate.

You can submit your questions to the candidate debate by emailing them to question@electiondebate.ca

I submitted the list "Promise to voters" compiled by Myles Higgins from over at http://www.freenewfoundlandlabrador.blogspot.com/

Here it is, Print this one of and keep it handy when the candidates come calling.

I would like to add one issue to this list and that is the reinstatement of the Gander Weather Office. Here is a Power Point presentation making the arguement for reinstatement. http://www.ncsd.ca/aboutus/WeatherCentre.ppt


Promise to voters during 2005/06 federal election Campaign.

By:
NL Riding Candidates name here:________________________________________

If elected to an opposition party I will apply whatever pressures I can to ensure the items listed below which bear my signature are addressed by the governing party.

If I am elected to the governing party I will ensure that government enacts all items bearing my signature.

1. Within my term of office, enactment of Custodial Management outside the 200 mile economic zone in accordance with the United Nations Law of the Sea and provision of the funding, personnel and equipment required for proper enforcement on an ongoing basis.

Item 1 Signature:______________________________________

2. Within my term of office, approval of all necessary federal funds to allow development of an East / West power grid stretching from the island of Newfoundland, through Labrador and on to the island of Vancouver. Further, to map and create a national power corridor that will enable the free flow of electrical energy, oil, gas and minerals from any province in the Country while ensuring that no one province can impede the ability of another to exploit its resources to their maximum value.

Item 2 Signature:______________________________________

3. Within my term of office, remove from the calculation of provincial equalization payments all provincial revenues resulting from the exploitation of non-renewable resources.

Item 3 Signature:_______________________________________

4. Within my term of office, ensure that Canada’s military presence in Newfoundland and Labrador is increased to a level that is reasonable for the protection of the nation’s Atlantic Coast. This change in policy, designed to improve Canada’s coastal defenses, will include the deployment and stationing in Newfoundland and Labrador, at minimum: 20% of the nation’s full time and reserve military personnel, naval vessels and aircraft, deployment of all equipment and weaponry necessary for the nation’s protection along this 17,500 miles of open coastline.

Item 4 Signature:____________________________________

5. Within my term of office, provide all necessary funding to complete the Trans Labrador Highway in a fashion that brings it on par with the remainder of the national highway system by 2010.

Item 5 Signature:____________________________________

6. Within my term of office, officially recognize ferry services between Nova Scotia and Port Aux Basques, Newfoundland as an integral part of the national highway system that is critical to the survival and economic stability of Newfoundland and Labrador. I will do this through legislation to lower all usage fees by 10% per year between 2006 and 2016, at which time all fees will be completely halted making the ferry services a fully funded government service which is in line with the accessibility and usage of other parts of the national highway system.

Item 6 Signature:____________________________________




I recognize that the contents of this document and my responses to this voter may become public knowledge through various internet and news distribution services, including my refusal to sign any or all items contained in this document, and may become the subject of public discussion and/or debate.

Candidate’s Signature:_________________________________



Date:___________________________



Location:______________________________________________



Witnessed by:__________________
Comments:
Thanks for the direct link. I've submitted this to Siohban and Loyola, and I've looking for an e-mail for Peg - no response yet :)
 
YW
I actually found the link over at http://www.stephentaylor.ca/
Before they started broadcasting it on CBC maybe I just refuse to watch the corporate friendly MSM and missed it.

I'm in the process of compiling all of the cadidates email addresses if I get time or the drive. Kinda like the Let the Games begin posts, only this time it will be 3 parties 7 seats so 21 candidates.

The Telegram contacted me yesterday wanting to post one of my emails unsure which one I think it was the Balance of nature cod and seal scales. May have also mentioned those Bingo numbers they use to refer to Cod and seal locations. Fact is where they want to make the cod an endangered species is where there are 8 million seals 6 harp and 3 hooded. No one see's it because they always refer to the areas as bingo numbers and not geographic zones or areas to make the connection. These ARA's are doing more harm than good by removing man from the equation of nature and nature is way of balance IMHO.

I asked Joe Walsh I think it was why at the media brief no questions pertinant to NL were asked he said they weren't allowed or invited just PMPM's entourage media?

If you have some of the candidates email addys I would appreciate them thanks.
Contact either myself at gtmakmc@hotmail.com
Or Myles from over at
http://www.freenewfoundlandlabrador.blogspot.com
higginsmyles@yahoo.ca
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]