Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

Quality of life and Out Migration?

Quality of life and out migration?

Is there a correlation between these two topics?

Is the reason NL has so much out migration, because?
-The quality of life in NL isn’t on par with let alone above national standards?
-The highest taxation
-The lowest income
-The highest goods and services prices
-The highest unemployment rate for all of Canada.
Just check the graphs on the spoon feeding Royal commission if you don’t believe me.
It isn’t surprising people are out migrating!

Our only hope is to attract people who have an even lower life style than our own. (Immigrants) Even then once they see the light they will be off to Canada.

Another option is to build on our remoteness and attract people who have an appreciation and desire for remoteness. Expand access to remote areas. I could never figure out why NL population lives on the north coast IE A dirt road along the South South Shore, so what if it’s bog. The lower main land in BC is built on a delta similar to New Orleans with dykes etc. Just ditch the bogs they will drain.

I was standing on a road in the lower mainland BC and along comes this dump truck and I notice the ground under moves? So I wait and watch the road as another dump truck comes along, Lo and behold the road is moving like a wave under the weight of the passing dump truck? I inquired about this and was informed that yep I was right in my observations the road actually moves on average 1-2 feet depending on the load. So Now my interest was peaked and I began paying more attention to other construction practices.
We all know about pilings for wharves etc but they use pilings on the lower mainland BC to stabilize the ground because it is so impregnated with water. Another practice is preloading; they put a mound of sand 20-30 feet high on top of a proposed building site to squeeze out the water. This is time consuming apparently, it has to be left there for 4-5 years or more before construction can begin.

off on a tangent here kinda. Mainly referring to the south shore and its undevelopment because of a lack of road and the boggy terrain.


http://www.saveourstadium.ca/

Seniors home would make a fitting replacement or upgrade!









Update:

I bet Veterans Affairs has the money and would be willing to renovate or build a Seniors veterans complex.

Picket and boycott Loblaws dominion. Threaten to picket and Boycott the new Loblaws Dominion. The media coverage alone will get yopur point out onto the public airways. They are a publicly owned and traded company.

Wasn't the funding for the Memorial from donations? So shouldn't the profits from its sale begiven back to the people?
Comments:
Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]