Sunday, October 12, 2008

 

Splitting the vote/ voting strategically

You know it is funny I have actually done this. That is voted strategically. I did it mainly because I felt there was really no choice, no option so instead of spoiling my ballot or not voting at all I chose the lesser of three evils. I wasn't comfortable doing it nor did I really want to do it but faced with no real choice and no real option I did it in spite of my conscience and principles.

If you feel you have to vote for the lesser of two evils or vote negatively then there really is something wrong. The problem is if there really is no choice what do you do?

This is at the crux of why I am in this federal election. I wanted to offer the people of NL a real choice and in particular the people of St John's South Mount Pearl a real choice!

I've heard some people who are self serving and want to be the king maker infer not to split the vote. Well the NL-FIRST vote isn't splitting anything because we are a real option and a real choice we are not a national party unlike all of he other national parties we are the NL-FIRST party and our party line is to put NL-FIRST.

Your choice on the 14 Oct is between a national party and the NL-FIRST a nationalist party.

Now Nationalist might have a double meaning but just remember that no federal party can call a referendum only a provincial party can call a referendum.

Strategic voting is just another way of saying don't split the vote only with a penchant towards self interest and king maker for some, but when it comes right down to it all of the national parties will treat NL the same.

I even heard Walter Noel state in the MUN debate which I was excluded from say that all of the Liberal promises are contingent upon the availability of money and the state of the economy.

Who are the first to get cut of and cut back when times are tough?
The minority provinces, the disenfranchised the marginalized and those without a voice.

Don't think because we have someone at the cabinet table of the national party in power we will have a voice we've thought that for NY 60 years and look at what it has gotten us.

The only people who will benefit from Strategic voting are the Liberals or Conservatives because it relegates all others to secondary or inutile status. Nothing will ever change as long as we fall prey to this false mantra of not voting on principle and with your conscience.

Splitting the vote is just another way of saying strategic vote but where someone else is looking to be the king maker and have the king beholding to him or her.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]